Tuesday 7 February 2012

St John Ambulance Hut Refurbishment

With several other people who really need to get a life, I spent most of the weekend painting our St John Ambulance hut. It's a huge job and still only half done, but already the place is considerably lighter and brighter. We had the hut insulated and a lot of cupboards built in, hence the need for all this painting. Sustained by lots of home-baked cakes and copious quanitities of tea, we worked incredibily hard, not least because we had to leave the place in a suitable state for Squirrals Pre-school on Monday. With all that bending, I ache in places I didn't know I had places.

The inulation has made a huge difference to our comfort, and when the second phase--replacement windows and doors--is complete, we shall have a pretty impressive building. It'll be much nicer for our members, of course, but also will hopefully attract other community groups to use it during the afternoons, and evenings when we're not using it for SJA activities, thus bringing in a bit of extra income.

My great hope is that some of the pre-schoolers will be interested in becoming Badgers. It's such a very worthwhile thing for a young child to do, and may one day actually save someone's life. I really admire the work our members, of all ages, do, and I'm very proud to be their President.

No comments:

Post a Comment